WEEK ONE Updates: Main Thread - Awakening Tárrega's Spirit
Hello and welcome to the WEEK ONE Main Thread for this challenge!
Alright my friends - this is the thread where we'll all be posting our daily updates.
Twice a week between Mai 31st and June 21st, I hope to be reading your daily updates in this very thread right here!
Please use the following format when commenting (feel free to copy & paste!):
- One thing you found easy:
- One thing you found difficult:
- (Optional): a video of you performing it!
Hi Martin, I am excited about this topic. I regularly practice Lágrima, and Etude in E Minor. For this challenge I will focus on 2 pieces Prelude No 5 in E major and Adelita. I have worked on Adelita before however always a few stumbling blocks , so I will start to work on Adelita this week and into next week ...
I'm quite excited, as this is my first tone base challenge. I just started classical guitar a couple of months ago (I used to practice rock guitar when I was younger). Thus, I think the only piece I might try to play - at least in part - is Lagrima. I just started yesterday, using the lessons by Thomas Viloteau. I'm very much looking forward to it!
- Etude you worked on: Lagrima
- One thing you found easy: Simple melody and rythm without surprises
- One thing you found difficult: Keeping the melody very legato and more present than the rest
Here's my utterly RAW recording of me practising Marieta. It sounds a bit boxy.
Just doing RAW recording take was simple enough. Also, the piece in its entirety - it's not too difficult.
- The slides of minor and major section: getting it just right
- Not attacking the string with RH too hard (I comment on that in the recording).
- The 16th notes slurs and the one 32nd note slur. Challenging to articulate them properly.
- And more...