Increase Legato Playing in Both Hands in Two Weeks with TY!
Every instrument has its limitations and weaknesses. Playing legato is one of the hardest things to master on the guitar. Every note is so fragile: if your right hand accidentally touches the string or your left hand leaves the string in-between notes, the note will be stopped. Let’s explore and discuss the techniques and experiences on the details of how to maintain the notes with your left hand clean shifting, shifting motion, fingertip motion, exercises, and right hand training processes of free strokes for perfect legato playing.
Fellow Participants in Group 1:
TY Legato Group 1
RODRIGO ESPARZA JR
Share a video where you demonstrate the three exercises as presented by TY. As a bonus, add measures 1-10 by Carcassi op.60 no.1
- Release the String, don't pluck it!
- Spider Exercise!
- Left Hand Shifting / Change Fret Exercises
- Carcassi Op.60 No.1 Measure 1-10
How to get the most out of this course
- Start by watching the introduction video and practice the exercises given in the video.
- Write a post where you had big issues with legato!
- Share two videos per week and help your course partners through feedback on their submissions!
Zoom Check-In: Sunday, July 24th 3pm EST / 12 noon PST
TY Legato Group 1
New Assignment by TY!
Hi Everybody! This is TY! Since most of you are DONE with the easy exercises I asked for last week, let’s do this for this week: Please choose a short section of your current repertoire that you feel is challenging to achieve legato, practice and record the music, upload the video to the discussion section! Please allow everyone and me to share some of our thoughts and feedback! Wishing you all enjoy the fun of improvement and practice!