Week 2: Develop // Mar 29th
Welcome to Week 2's main thread! Here you can find the outline of materials and sample exercises to get you started. Then, post your finished exercises (either all at once or one at a time depending on your work flow.) Please use the following format when posting:
- Type(s) of development exercises used:
- Things you found easy:
- Things you found difficult:
Feel free to include any other thoughts in your post!
Wow, we covered a lot in the livestream today, but not everything I would have liked to but we have 3 more weeks so that's GREAT! Don't forget to follow this thread.
Attached to this post are the materials we talked about today PLUS 7 example exercises to help get you started. If you are still having trouble thinking of how to start, LET ME KNOW! I'm here for YOU!
Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with, honestly!!!
- Type(s) of development exercises used: I created a motive, and then wrote a few exercises that involved repetition (exact and tonal sequential), inversion, voice change, and rhythmic augmentation).
- Things you found easy: It was all relatively easy. It's a very simple motive that I just played around with in rather predictable ways.
- Things you found difficult: Playing these on guitar could prove challenging. Also, I'd prefer to make music that's less predictable. I know that this is not a composition, however, just an exercise.