Welcome to tonebase!
Hey everyone - this is Igor from tonebase !
It's such a pleasure to welcome you as one of the founding members of the tonebase community. Please introduce yourself in a post below with the following format:
- Where are you from and what's your favorite food from there? ;)
- What are you currently working on?
- What are you hoping to get out of this community?
I'll go first:
- While it's hard to pinpoint where exactly I'm from, lol, I just go with Bavaria Germany, and as favorite food, I'd choose Beer (surprise, surprise - closely followed by "Schweinshaxe" - Bavarian Pork-knuckle, which is quite delicious, but sooo heavy that it feels weird calling it favorite food)
- Trying to keep my Aranjuez in the fingers, even though certainly don't have that much time to practice as during college days...
- I hope we can facilitate authentic and interesting discussions around playing, learning, teaching, performing the guitar as well as all adjacent topics like concert prep, professional development, auditioning etc...
Now over to you (after some participation from our tonebase team members!)
Hi all! Erin from tonebase here!
- I'm from Northern California and my favorite hometown food would have to be the tacos from a truck called "El Granero No. 3"
- Currently working on some Robert de Visée and getting my practice schedule to be more consistent again.
- I hope to find some social motivation here! It's tough staying creative while being stuck at home and I'd love to learn how everyone else is staying inspired
Hey all! Excited for the community section!
- I'm from CT originally, currently living in Los Angeles, CA. Right now I'm missing all the East Coast seafood like lobster rolls and chowders
- Currently I'm working on a Hindemith cello sonata arrangement (Op. 25 No. 3)
- Hoping to chat about interesting repertoire, what are some hidden gems that people are out there playing?
Hey everyone - This is Abhi, one of the other co-founders of tonebase ! Really excited to be launching community and to get to know all of you better.
- Like Igor, that question is a wild one for me but the easiest answer is from around Minneapolis, Minnesota! Favorite food from home... Lutefisk of course. Just kidding - no one I know eats that - but it'd have to be Sweet Martha's cookies at the State Fair.
- I'm working on picking the rust off my steel string guitar and actually learning how to play... but as a lapsed pianist the last piece I worked on was River Flows In You (yes... I know... I was a teenager and was trying to impress a certain someone... sigh)
- Really excited to get to know all the awesome tonebase members better and to build something really useful for the Guitar community.
Howdy! Chris from tonebase here. Looking forward to meeting all of you that make up our amazing guitar community!
- Like Abhi, I'm originally from Minnesota. I moved out to Los Angeles in 2011 (wow...) to study guitar at USC, so I pretty much consider myself an Angeleno at this point. However, whenever I go back to MN to visit family, I always try to seek out some fresh caught fish (preferably walleye) from one of our many lakes!
- I've always enjoyed writing my own music on guitar and find myself doing more and more of that these days. I rarely write my "ditties" down, so they usually escape back into the ether, but now and then when I find something I really like, I'll quickly jot it down or make a recording.
- I would love to get tips on how members of this community have fit practicing guitar into their lives. Ever since graduating from college, I've struggled to keep a consistent practice routine but would love to know how others have been able to successfully do so.
Hello everyone! I'm a designer here at tonebase and I look forward to hearing from all of you!
- I'm from Washington, DC and grew up in Maryland so I love blue crabs in any form. I would probably eat a crab cupcake if I could find one. But I'm also a huge fan of the half-smokes found in the DC area.
- I'm currently working on improving my musicianship (I'm definitely what you would call a 'beginner' despite a few years of studying the cello in my youth) and working toward my goal of reading 40 books this year. I love reading so let me know if you have any good recommendations, especially narrative non-fiction!
- I'm hoping to get to know all of our lovely tonebase users better. You'll probably be hearing from me here when we test some of the exciting new features we're working on.
Hey everyone, Spencer from tonebase here I'm excited to get to know everyone and see our community come to life! A little about me:
- I'm originally from the Bay Area in Northern California, but currently live in Los Angeles. Down here in LA my favorite thing is Persian food! My wife's side of family is Persian and the food is amaaaazing. Whenever I'm back home though I always make sure to get some ramen
- Like Abhi, I'm also a lapsed musician :) I grew up playing the guitar and piano, but I'm sad to say it's been a while! Music, and guitar, has always been a huge part of my life though, which is why I love what tonebase is all about
- I hope we can create a community that you find useful and interesting! I'd also love to learn more about what ya'll are working on, what you want to accomplish, and how we can make tonebase even more useful for you
Looking forward to getting to know ya'll better
Nice to meet you all, my name is Patrick and I'm one of the software engineers here at tonebase!
- I'm originally from Sarasota, Florida and my favorite food from my hometown are freshly caught fried shrimp with tartar sauce.
- I'm currently working on making sure these forums are working without any software bugs ;)
- I'm hoping this community will be a great place for musicians to find other musicians. I want musicians who are stuck in quarantine to have a place to converse with others and help each other become better musicians. Most of all, I hope people who join this community develop a great sense of belonging and create friendships with other fellow musicians!
Fun facts about me:
- I'm very into making electronic music
- I'm also a classical guitarist :)
- I also play cello, and a little bit of classical piano too
- I drink way too much coffee (its a problem)
If there are any issues with the community please feel free to reach out to [email protected]. I'll probably be one of the main people working to resolve whatever issues are encountered :)
Hope you all enjoy!
It's a pleasure to meet all of you. My name is Liamna Pestana, originally from Cuba but currently living in Syracuse, NY. My favorite food is chicken with rice.
2. Right now I am working in a small recital for Syracuse University and also reworking the Concerto in A from Mauro Giuliani.
3. I hope we can be able to share, to ask and to learn from each other.
Its great to meet the Tonebase gang. My name is Bill. I'm originally from the USA but have lived on Koh Samui in Thailand for a long time. My favorite food is Somtum (Green Papaya Salad) with hot off the grill chicken, easy to find here!
I'm working on a few pieces including Asturias (I know but its new for me:) The Black Cockatoo and Danza Brasliera.
I hope to share ideas for repertoire, learning and performing.
- I was born in Spain but grew up in the UK. I would have to choose Spanish tapas as my favourite food as British food is terrible on the whole although I’m quite partial to traditional fish and chips. The beer however is fantastic, especially in the north of England where I live.
- I’m working on a few pieces right now. Bach 998 prelude, RDLA, Capricho Arabe, La Catedral, Villa Lobos etudes 1 and 7, Homenaje by De Falla.
- I’m hoping to interact with other guitar lovers as it’s more difficult now with very few live events happening. I’ve been really enjoying all the Tonebase live stuff.