READ ME FIRST: Rules & FAQ for the Carcassi Etudes op.60 Challenge
Alright, everyone! Hello and welcome to our next tonebase community challenge! Together we will explore the wonderful Carcassi Etudes op.60!
Three Weeks of Carcassi's Etudes op.60!
(Additionally, here's Carcassi's Method op.59)
Only some of our releases to get you startet:
- Etude No.1 by Tengyue Zhang
- Etude No.3 by Celil Refik Kaya
- Etude No.6 by Peter Graneis
- Etude No.16 by Sabrina Vlascalic
- BRAND NEW RELEASE ON AUG 13 on Etude No.2 by Tengyue Zhang
- We are going to explore the wonderful etude cycle op.60 by Matteo Carcassi, one of the most import guitar composers of the 19th century!
- We will be exploring the technical intricacies of these masterfully crafted compositions!
- The aim is to practice them every day and post progress updates!
- You choose how much time you will invest , but you commit to practicing them regularly.
- A watch party featuring your submissions will take part at the end (date below!)
1. Aug 16th: Kick-Off Livestream for the Carcassi Etudes op.60 Challenge
2. Aug 27th: Half-Time Live Stream
3. September 6th: Watch Party!
- Challenge start: Aug 16th
- Watch party: September 6th
- Get the scores and get an overview of the challenge and the pieces in the Kick-Off Livestream!
- After some practicing, go to our Updates thread and post about
Things you found easy:
Things you found difficult:
- If you are comfortable with it, add a video or audio of yourself performing it. This is optional, but it will allow you to share your progress with others!
- I encourage you to post updates twice a week. No daily update expectation in this challenge! If you want to post daily though, feel free!
After you post an update:
- When you feel ready, move on to the next etude
- Repeat steps 1-3 from above twice a week.
- There is no limit on long you can spend on each etude! Do whatever feels comfortable, as long as you keep practicing one of them every day.
- Because we want to challenge ourselves to practice every day
- Because learning together is more fun than learning alone
- Because we get to share our progress with others (whether video or just text)
- Because discovering these etudes is of great value for us
- Because we want to meet our fellow tonebase community members
The Fun Part:
- At the end of our practice challenge, we will be hosting another Watch Party on tonebase LIVE! This will feature user submissions, community awards and shoutouts!
- This is planned for September 6th at 11 am Pacific (2 pm Eastern, 7 pm London, 8 pm CET)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can I join the challenge if I wasn't there on August 16th?
Yes! Just make sure you keep practicing every day and updating us at least twice a week.
Do I have to go through all Etudes?
Absolutely not. You are free to go as far as you wish!
I have a question, who do I ask?
Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you might have about this challenge! If you would prefer to ask something in a more confidential setting, please use my email: [email protected]
Can I do more than one set of Etude per week?
Absolutely! As always, this challenge is for you - do with it what you wish. As long as you 1) practice every day; 2) keep track of your progress; 3) share your progress with others - you are fully participating! Of course I won't be mad if this is too easy for you ;)