Improve your Arpeggios in Two Weeks with Evan Taucher!
Arpeggios are a fundamental part of guitar technique, but are you practicing them in a way where you will improve over time? Oftentimes we find ourselves stuck in the same routine with old habits that leave our arpeggios sounding imprecise and strained. Join this intensive to break out of the box and work on our arpeggios in a precise way that will challenge your mind, and then your fingers.
- Course Period: October 17th - 28th
- Optional check-In via Zoom: October 24th, 10 am PST
Assignment Video for Week 1
Please follow along and share a video of yourself with the exercises Evan is presenting in his video! Scores of Villa-Lobos Prelude no.4 and Giuliani op.48 no.5 attached!
Week 1 video submissions should include one or more of the following:
- preparation exercise with metronome on, playing one note per click
- accent exercise with metronome, cycling through accenting different fingers
The assignment Video for Week 2 will be shared after the Zoom Session on October 24th!
Assignment Video for Week 2
Week 2 submissions should include one or more of the following:
- pluck and relax exercise
- pimiaimi arpeggio
- pmimamim arpeggio
- pamamaia arpeggio
- a repertoire example (Giuliani Etude 5 op.48 or Prelude 4 arpeggios by Villa Lobos)