CALL FOR RECORDINGS for upcoming Virtual Masterclass with Mircea Gogoncea (Current Submission Thread)
The old thread for Virtual Masterclass submissions has become too long - therefore, it is time for a new one! This is the current submission thread for masterclasses with me.
Following the success of previous Community Virtual Masterclasses, we are once again looking for submissions for the next edition with me.
Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis (no deadline), so simply reply here with your submission anytime you have a piece or passage you would like to work on.
A new date and time will be announced once we have 2-3 suitable submissions. So please, go ahead and submit your videos to us by replying to this very thread!
HOW VIRTUAL MASTERCLASSES WORK:
- You send in a video of yourself performing a piece, movement of a piece, or even a passage from a piece. Alternatively, you can submit a passage of sheet music for me to give you targeted advice on.
- Once we have 2-3 submissions, I will run a live stream specifically for you, giving you tailor-made advice for your own playing!
It's like if we were doing an online lesson - except others get to see it and hopefully also benefit from the advice I'm giving you. Here is an example!
It's basically an exact replica of an in-person masterclass: you play for a teacher (in this case through a recording), and they work with you while others watch.
- Have you been watching the live streams and wishing you could ask me a question relating to your playing specifically? Now is your chance!
- Share your music with others and grow by watching them, too.
- It's basically a free online lesson for you!
WHAT MUST YOU KNOW?
- It can be something you recorded specifically for this, or a preexisting recording you already have.
- All levels are welcome! My advice will be tailored to your specific level, and in the past, we've worked with everything from beginners to full-on concert players.
- You must be fine with other people watching the video and your performance, as it will be embedded into the live stream itself. I will start and stop it as if we were doing an actual, in-person masterclass.
- I usually spend about 20-35 minutes per submission.
- While I will try to feature everyone, if we get a lot of submissions, your video might not be immediately featured. In that case however, we'll run more of these very soon!
WHERE AND WHAT TO SUBMIT?
- Submit right here, by replying to this thread!
- You can either attach a video directly from your computer, or paste a link to a YouTube video
- (If you opt to use a YouTube video, it can be unlisted - no need to make it public!)
- Please also attach a link to the sheet music.
All right, this should be it! Looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions!
Upcoming virtual masterclass announcement: Thank you so much for your submissions, Eric Phillips , Eddie Carcamo , Brett Gilbert , david robinson !
You will all be featured in our upcoming virtual masterclass, on September 10th! We will be starting at the regular time, 11am Pacific (2pm Eastern, 7pm UK, 8pm Central Europe).
Here is the dedicated Live calendar event! Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Thank you so much for your submissions, Olli, Robert and Jaime!
The next virtual masterclass will feature your recordings (<- click) and will take place on April 7th at the usual time (11 am Pacific, 2 pm Eastern, 7 pm UK, 8 pm Central Europe).
Looking forward to this so much! Hope to see you all there.
I recorded this outside on such a beautiful spring day in my Shure MV88 to my iPhone. Let me know if it’s not good enough and I’ll do and inside recording with my professional gear
I have decided to go through the 25 Carcassi, 10 Brouwer, and 20 Sor (Segovia) studies. I didn’t finish my Performance BA when I was younger so I’m making a project, with the help of Tonebase, to fill any gaps in my playing. I think these studies are great for foundational progress so I’ll be posting to Master Classes from time to time for all the help I can get! Ciao and Thanks!
Upcoming virtual masterclass announcement: Thank you so much for your submissions, David Chidsey , david robinson and Debbie !
You will all be featured in our upcoming virtual masterclass, on May 13th! We will be starting at the regular time, 11am Pacific (2pm Eastern, 7pm UK, 8pm Central Europe).
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Ok, about time I joined in. Me, playing Torija, one of Torroba's Castillos de España.
PDF attached. If anyone wants to know what it SHOULD sound like, I'd suggest Ana Vidovic's recording, which I have entirely failed to emulate.
Thanks in advance.
New to Tonebase, but I wanted to submit what I'm currently working on to hopefully trigger a masterclass for the amazing performances above. I've been using the version of this piece from Bradford Werner's level 4 lesson book but for copyright reasons uploaded a different version I found on web. Since I've been learning on my own using online resources I'm especially interested in feedback on hand position, etc. I have trouble with the barre cord at measure 28 and some challenges muting strings effectively. Thank you!