Carlevaro - Technique
This discussion thread is dedicated to Carlevaro's technical aspect of his work.
How to Get Started
Maestro Carlevaro introduced his technical ideas to his students by using the technical Cuadernos accompanied by the School of Guitar book.
- School of Guitar: Exposition of Instrumental Theory
- Didactic Serie for Guitar, Cuaderno #1 - Diatonic Scales
- Didactic Serie for Guitar, Cuaderno #2 - Right Hand Technique
- Didactic Serie for Guitar, Cuaderno #3 - Left Hand Technique
- Didactic Serie for Guitar, Cuaderno #4 - Left Hand Technique (Conclusion)
Hi guys, I got a question on the barre and the right arm, so now I’ve trying to use gravity and applying the analogy by Alfredo of a pianist hitting the key without the thumb, but i find that sometimes when I do that, the guitar will often be pulled in too much with my left hand and I needed to clamp the guitar body with my right arm.
There are certain barres, full or half that I find myself needing to apply a bit of thumb or clamp the guitar with my right arm. Is this normal? Thanks!
Dale Needles Blaise Laflamme Moyses Lopes Does anyone have a video showing Cuarderno 3 Ej. 24 performed correctly? I'm looking at it and I'm not clear how on to play the rhythm correctly. Also, the previous LH exercises have a repetitive pattern. I don't see it yet for Ej. 24...Is there one? Thanks!!