READ ME FIRST: Rules & FAQ for the Level Zero Challenge!
Alright, everyone! Hello and welcome to our next tonebase Community Level Zero! Together we will take the first steps into effective, healthy and inspired practice!
Three Weeks of Taking the First Steps!
Get a head start with Daniel de Arakal's Beginning Guitar Course!
- We are going to be take the first steps of a wonderful journey of guitar practice!
- We will be exploring the basic left and right hand movements and learn our first piece!
- The aim is to practice them every day and post progress updates!
- You choose how much time you will invest , but you commit to practicing them regularly.
- A watch party featuring your submissions will take part at the end (date below!)
1. Apr 3rd: Level Zero Challenge: Movement and Music - The Poetry of the Right hand
2. Apr 10th: Level Zero Challenge: Power and Perseverance - The Elegance of the Left Hand
3. Apr 17th: Level Zero Challenge: Bringing it all together!
4. April 24th: Level Zero Challenge: WATCH PARTY!
- Challenge start: Saturday, April 3rd
- Watch party: April 24th
- Start by practicing the exercises we discussed in the Live Stream! Feel free to start with me in the first Live Stream!
- After some practicing, go to our Updates thread and post about one thing you found easy, and one thing you found hard.
- If you are comfortable with it, add a video or audio of yourself performing it. This is optional, but it will allow you to share your progress with others!
I encourage you to post updates twice a week. No daily update expectation in this challenge! If you want to post daily though, feel free!
After you post an update:
- When you feel ready, move on to the next section
- Repeat steps 1-3 from above every day of the challenge.
- There is no limit on long you can spend on each exercise! Do whatever feels comfortable, as long as you keep practicing one of them every day.
- Because we want to challenge ourselves to practice every day
- Because learning together is more fun than learning alone
- Because we get to share our progress with others (whether video or just text)
- Because new music is wonderful and these pieces were written especially for us!
- Because we want to meet our fellow tonebase community members
The Fun Part:
- At the end of our practice challenge, we will be hosting another Watch Party on tonebase LIVE! This will feature user submissions, community awards and shoutouts!
- This is planned for April 24th at 11 am Pacific (2 pm Eastern, 7 pm London, 8 pm CET)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can I join the challenge if I wasn't there on April 3rd?
Yes! Just make sure you keep practicing every day and updating us at least twice a week.
Do I have to go through all exercises?
Absolutely not. You are free to go as far as you wish!
I have a question, who do I ask?
Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you might have about this challenge! If you would prefer to ask something in a more confidential setting, please use my email: [email protected]
Can I do more than one set of exercise per week?
Absolutely! As always, this challenge is for you - do with it what you wish. As long as you 1) practice every day; 2) keep track of your progress; 3) share your progress with others - you are fully participating! Of course I won't be mad if this is too easy for you