READ ME FIRST: Rules & FAQ for the Variation Challenge "Marizápalos" by Santiago de Murcia
Alright, everyone! Hello and welcome to our next tonebase Community Variation Challenge! Together we will explore Santiago de Murcias's "Marizapalos"!
Three Weeks of Santiago de Murcia's "Marizapalos"
Download the music:
- We are going to be learning the variation cycle "Marizapalos" by Santiago de Murcia
- We will be exploring this piece within three Live Streams together!
- The aim is to practice them every day and post progress updates twice a week.
- There is absolutely no expectation of going through the entire cycle.
- You choose how much of the score you work on, but you commit to practicing them regularly.
- A watch party featuring your submissions will take part at the end (date below!)
- Challenge start: Thursday, February 23rd
- Watch party: March 16th with me!
- Start by practicing from the top! Feel free to start with me in the first Live Stream!
- After some practicing, go to our Biweekly Updates thread and post about one thing you found easy, and one thing you found hard.
- If you are comfortable with it, add a video or audio of yourself performing it. This is optional, but it will allow you to share your progress with others!
I encourage you to post updates twice a week. No daily update expectation in this challenge! If you want to post daily though, feel free!
After you post an update:
- When you feel ready, move on to the next section
- Repeat steps 1-3 from above every day of the challenge.
- There is no limit on long you can spend on each section! Do whatever feels comfortable, as long as you keep practicing one of them every day.
- Because we want to challenge ourselves to practice every day
- Because learning together is more fun than learning alone
- Because we get to share our progress with others (whether video or just text)
- Because new music is wonderful and these pieces were written especially for us!
- Because we want to meet our fellow tonebase community members
The Fun Part:
- At the end of our practice challenge, we will be hosting another Watch Party on tonebase LIVE! This will feature user submissions, community awards and shoutouts!
- This is planned for March 16h at 11 am Pacific (2 pm Eastern, 6 pm London, 7 pm CET)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can I join the challenge if I wasn't there on February 23th?
Yes! Just make sure you keep practicing every day and updating us twice a week.
Do I have to go through the whole piece?
Absolutely not. You are free to go as far as you wish. Even spending the entire three weeks on one section would be very valuable!
I have a question, who do I ask?
Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you might have about this challenge! If you would prefer to ask something in a more confidential setting, please use my email: [email protected]
Can I do more than one section per week?
Absolutely! As always, this challenge is for you - do with it what you wish. As long as you 1) practice every day; 2) keep track of your progress; 3) share your progress with others - you are fully participating! Of course I won't be mad if this is too easy for you
↓ Reply with other questions below ↓
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR EVERYBODY WATCHING FROM OUTSIDE THE US.
Due to the time change of PST the Watchparty will still start at 11am PST, but at 7pm CET (6pm GMT), this is one hour earlier for the rest of us.
Click here to see at what time the stream will be happening for your time zone!